TECSYS Reports 2nd Consecutive Quarter of Record Revenue, Increases Dividend
MONTREAL, February 27, 2014 — TECSYS Inc. (TSX: TCS), an industry-leading supply chain management software company, today announced its results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2014, ended January 31st, 2014. All dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency and are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and are unaudited.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue increased by 14% to $11.8M in Q3, 2014, the highest in a decade, compared to $10.4M in Q3, 2013.
- Services revenue grew to $7.9M, a 24% increase from last year, and profit margin improved to 38% from 20% in Q3 2013. The growth and margin improvements are due primarily to increased productivity from the professional services organization.
- Annualized recurring revenue increased to $17.0M at the end of Q3, 2014, compared to $15.4M at the end of Q3, 2013, a 11% increase and represents 38% of the last twelve months trailing revenue.
- Recorded $4.1M of new total contract value bookings in the quarter, including two new customers.
- New go lives of supply chain execution solutions occurred at 12 customer sites, most notably one in health systems and five major WMS sites, one of which is a heavy equipment dealer in South America.
- Partnered with GENCO to expand the reach of its healthcare offerings through third parties.
- EBITDA increased to $1.1M for Q3, 2014 compared to a loss of $28K for Q3, 2013.
- Profit from operations increased to $589K in Q3, 2014 compared to a loss of $464K in Q3, 2013.
- Net profit was $467K or $0.04 per share for Q3, 2014 compared to a net loss of $543K or $0.05 loss per share for Q3, 2013.
- Backlog was $27.4M at the end of Q3, 2014 compared to $25.1M at the end of Q3, 2013.
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to $5.9M at the end of Q3, 2014 compared to $5.3M at the end of Q4, 2013.
TECSYS also announced that the Company's Board of Directors declared a semi-annual dividend of $0.04 per share, to be paid on March 28th, 2014 to shareholders of record on March 14th, 2014, an increase of 14%.
"We continued to drive top line revenue growth during Q3, led by the contribution from our services business. The investments we made in this group over the past 18 months are paying off with increased productivity and record revenue from the team," said Peter Brereton, President and CEO of TECSYS Inc. "Our sales pipeline is growing and we are seeing good traction across all verticals, particularly from healthcare. Specifically, we believe our leadership position in the healthcare market provides opportunities to expand our client base and drive new product offerings with our proprietary software."
Highlights of the First Nine Months
- Revenue increased 4% to $34.1M for the first nine months of fiscal 2014 compared to $32.6M for the same period in last year.
- Profit from operations was $1.5M for the first nine months of fiscal 2014 compared to $1.0M for the same period last year, a 49% increase.
- EBITDA was $2.8M for the first nine months of fiscal 2014 compared to $2.2M compared to the same period last year.
- Net profit was $1.2M or $0.10 per share for the first nine months of fiscal 2014 compared to $0.7M or $0.06 per share for the same period last year.
Third Quarter 2014 Results Conference Call:
Date: February 27, 2014
Time: 4:30 pm EST
Phone number: 800-747-0367 or 416-981-9001
The call can be replayed by calling 800-558-5253 (access code: 21709363) or 416-626-4100 (access code: 21709363).
View the Q3 FY2014 Financial Statements (PDF, 64K)
TECSYS provides transformative supply chain solutions that equip our customers to succeed in a rapidly-changing omni-channel world. TECSYS solutions are built on a true enterprise supply chain platform, and include warehouse management, distribution and transportation management, supply management at point-of-use, as well as complete financial management and analytics solutions. Customers running on TECSYS' Supply Chain Platform are confident knowing they can execute, day in and day out, regardless of business fluctuations or changes in technology, they can adapt and scale to any business need or size, and they can expand and collaborate with customers, suppliers and partners as one borderless enterprise. From demand planning to demand fulfillment, TECSYS puts power into the hands of both front line workers and back office planners, and unshackles business leaders so they can see and manage their supply chains like never before.
TECSYS is the market leader in supply chain solutions for health systems and hospitals. Over 600 mid-size and Fortune 1000 customers trust their supply chains to TECSYS in the healthcare, service parts, third-party logistics, and general wholesale high-volume distribution industries. TECSYS' shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol TCS.
Forward Looking Statements
The statements in this web site relating to matters that are not historical fact are forward looking statements that are based on management's beliefs and assumptions. Such statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to a number of uncertainties, including but not limited to future economic conditions, the markets that TECSYS Inc. serves, the actions of competitors, major new technological trends, and other factors beyond the control of TECSYS Inc., which could cause actual results to differ materially from such statements. More information about the risks and uncertainties associated with TECSYS Inc.'s business can be found in the MD&A section of the Company's annual report and annual information form for the fiscal year ended April 30th, 2017. These documents have been filed with the Canadian securities commissions and are available on this Web site and on SEDAR .
Copyright © TECSYS Inc. 2018. All names, trademarks, products, and services mentioned are registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owners.